Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Homemade Peach Lemonade

After seeing a recipe for homemade lemonade I decided I would try my hand at making my own lemonade with a twist. I knew how to make lemonade and a sugar water ( honestly I cannot think of the exact name of it at the moment.) so I decided to make my own lemonade, but I didn't have enough lemons so I decided to add the 10 flying saucers/donut peaches.

                                                             photo credit: Kingsburg Orchards


 I picked them while shopping at Walmart. Actually it's a strange story how I found them. I was grocery shopping at Walmart almost ready to leave, but I wanted to pick up some fresh fruit and veggies before leaving so I went to the produce section. When I came around the corner a really strong smell grabbed my attention that smelled really really good. So I asked the produce worker what the smell that smelled really sweet. She looked at me a little strange and I really cannot blame her. How many people ask what smells so good at a grocery store? She told me I don't really know, but it might be peaches so I went looking for the sweet smell. I did find it once I smell from a little distance the different fruit in the produce section. This things smelled as delicious as they tasted once I went home. They don't come loose like most peaches they come in a mesh bag like the oranges or onion you see in the produce section.  They are so... so... good


Homemade Peach Lemonade

8 small-medium sized lemon
10  ripe flying saucers (You can use small peaches.)
3 cups white sugar


Cut lemons and flying saucers or peaches in half.

Squeeze lemons and flying saucers or peaches by hand or with a juicer into a bowl.  I hand squeezed them since I couldn't find my juicer.

Pour juice from both through a strainer or remove seeds from juice.

Bring a 5 quart saucepan  3/4 full of water to a boil. Pour sugar into saucepan then stir until sugar crystals are dissolved.

Pour sugar mixture into gallon pitcher then stir in lemon and peach juice.  Stir well and taste with a spoon. If it is too tart fill the remaining pitcher with water. Stir again and serve with ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment