Saturday, April 6, 2013

Coffee Date #1


Alissa from Rags toStitches is talking about the Mommy Wars. At first, I didn't know what she was talking about until I viewed her video.  Mommy wars are the debates between moms about the way we choice to parent our children.

My two cents:

I do agree with Alissa that Moms need to agree to disagree.  Moms arguing breastfeeding vs. formula feeding, cloth diapering vs. disposable diapers, co-sleeping vs. separate sleeping, gender neutral toys vs. gender specific toys etc is completely wrong Moms need to band together to raise each other up instead of bashing each other. I could go on and on about the debates, but you get the idea.  We all need to help each other with the mindset if someone doesn't agree we let it go and don’t take it personal. Parenting is SOOOOOO hard.

I’m a big fan of breastfeeding since I did breastfeed my daughter after her first birthday. Yes, I know a lot of people are going to disagree with me, but it was what worked for MY Child and worked for ME. I didn’t choice to breastfed until I was eight months pregnant. My Mom completely disagreed with me, but having this ridiculous stubborn streak I did it anyways. I tried cloth diapering, but I couldn’t keep up with it since I was a fulltime student on top of being a teen mother. Yes, I had my daughter way too young, but I did take my responsibility serious.   


Until Next Week,
Sasha

I'm linking up with Rags to Stitches

No comments:

Post a Comment